Throughout the Ashes, Darryl from The Ashes blog took some brilliant photos of him and some mates reenacting events of the summer. Not just vague happenings, but actual wickets! It was a great laugh, and the Beeb and others caught on.
Anyway, Darryl’s asked me to let you know that he’s made a poster of his photos – an 8 inch by 12 inch print covering all five Tests of the 2005 Ashes series, including:
- Lord’s – “Adam Gilchrist celebrates the wicket of Freddie Flintoff – caught Gilchrist, bowled Warne for 3.”
- Edgbaston – “Ricky Ponting trudges back to the pavilion after being dismissed for a duck.”
- Old Trafford – “Michael Vaughan salutes the crowd after scoring a century at Old Trafford.”
- Trent Bridge – “With a beer and a cigarette in one hand, and a ball in the other, Shane Warne very nearly won the game for Australia.”
- The Oval – “Under dark and gloomy skies, Andrew Strauss is caught by Simon Katich close to the wicket. This photo is a re-enactment of the bad light.”
I think you’ll agree – a bloody fine effort from Darryl, so let’s start the bidding.